Aston Martin Amp Yellow £3,995.00 (inc.VAT)
Manufacturer: Aston Martin Amplification
This is the ultimate in toys for boys....! 60 watts of serious engineering, twin channel, 5 way foot switch, covered in Aston Martin leather...even has the start button from a Vanquish S. Class A all valve with a Vanquish S grill....comes fully flight cased..!!
Aston DB60GC Guitar Amplifier Specifications
- 18mm Birch & Poplar Plywood constructed cabinet, covered in genuine Aston Martin leather to customer’s colour choice.
- Protective corners are custom designed and moulded in carbon fibre.
- Custom designed aero-grade aluminium handles engraved with ‘Aston Martin’ and complemented by a cosmetic bar across the top vent, inspired by the side vents found on Aston cars.
- Celestion Vintage 30 speakers driven independently from dual balanced output transformers. Speaker connections are made using studio grade cable and Neutrik gold jack plugs.
- The speaker grill is inspired by the Vanquish grill and has been designed to allow for controlled sound output as well as providing protection for the speaker cones. Available in Metallic Silver or Onyx Black.
- The output section consists of 2 x 30Watts RMS ‘Class A’ self-biasing stages utilising 2 matched quad sets of EL84 power valves.
- The preamplifier uses the highest grade 12AX7, (ECC83/JG-5751)) and 12AT7, (ECC81/CV4024) valves and has an all-valve signal path for pure tone. 8 pre-amplifier valves in total.
- Two independent channels: Channel 1 for ‘clean’ sounds and channel 2 for ‘dirty’ or ‘overdriven’ sounds. Conventional passive EQ sections with controls for Bass Middle & Treble frequencies.
- Separate Reverb level control for each channel: Full-length 3-spring design driven by a transformer coupled valve.
- All rotary controls have solid turned aluminium knobs fitted.
- Front panel switches for Channel Select, Boost Select & Channel Mix; activated using Aston Martin tyre valve caps.
- The Channel Mix switch effectively gives a third channel for ‘crunch tones’.
- The ‘Boost Select’ works on channel currently selected including ‘Mix’ channel, providing the user with six switchable tones.
- All front panel switches are footswitchable as are the effects loop, (on the rear panel) and the internal reverb.
- All channel and reverb switching is done using FETs, (Field Effect Transistors) to ensure silent switching of all functions.
- Highest grade and tolerance components. Metal film resistors used are all 1% tolerance to ensure consistency of sound from unit to unit. Capacitors in audio path are all either silvered mica or polyester.
- If external effects are not used, the effects loop ‘Return Level’ control on the rear can be used either as a ‘Mute’ or ‘Boost’ control by setting the level and using the Effects Loop on/off function on the footcontroller.
- A 5-Function logic controlled footcontroller is supplied as standard with a 7m, 8-way cable.
- Top panel constructed from 3mm carbon fibre with a colour-coded jewelled ‘ON’ lamp and an enamelled Aston badge.
- The chassis is constructed from 2mm Zintec with welded seams, powdercoated and baked.
- Genuine Aston Engine Start switch for switching between ‘Standby’ (Red) & ‘On’ (Cool Blue).
- Valve bases are ceramic and use gold connections as do all the jack sockets.
- All rear functions: mains inlet, effects loop and footcontroller are easily accessible via recessed panels.
- An internal cold-cathode lighting system is used to illuminate the amplifier section or ‘engine bay’ and this can be switched on/off via a rear mounted control: colour co-ordinated depending on choice of leather.
- Optional tour flight-case available including:
- Full spare set of valves.
- Tool Kit.
- Guitar Stand.
- Cleaning cloth.
- Storage space for footswitch and leads.